- LocationWashington, D.C.
- DeadlineAugust 30, 2019
As Vice President of Policy and Communications, you will drive GIF’s thought leadership globally and our policy engagement in the U.S. You will ensure that GIF has a seat at the table at discussions on the future and effectiveness of aid, and on new approaches to investing for impact. With your sharp intellect and strategic approach to stakeholder management, you will become a key adviser to the CEO, and her thought-partner on policy engagement and influencing.
· Be GIF’s lead adviser on US policy, owning and advancing key stakeholder relationships, and supporting the CEO on US policy engagement, preparing briefings and talking points, and managing follow-up.
· Be a champion for the use of evidence for development impact and the role of innovation in advancing global development.
· Build a portfolio of strategic policy relationships on the Hill and in think tanks to advance understanding of GIF, build promoters of GIF’s approach, and position GIF at the core of discussions on the future of aid and development innovation.
· Prepare regular policy briefings for the board and Executive Team, mobilizing their participation in strategic dialogue in line with the US engagement strategy as required.
· Manage GIF’s thought leadership, authoring and commissioning compelling content for audiences in the US, in our donor countries, and in the countries in which GIF invests.
· Build a US engagement program for the CEO to ensure that she remains at the forefront of GIF’s agenda of investing for impact and evidence-based aid policy, as well as advancing GIF’s engagement with non-aid investment audiences.
· Position GIF in the media and with influencers in forums that contribute to the policy debates around aid effectiveness, development finance, and themes relevant to GIF’s work and portfolio.
· Work across GIF to identify opportunities where entities in GIF’s portfolio can contribute to policy debates and work with these entities to maximize such opportunities.
You will use your outstanding interpersonal skills to deepen strategic stakeholder relationships in the U.S., including with donors, co-investors, the media, and impact investors. You will:
· Lead strategic relationship management of USAID, and new funding partnerships as they arise, to ensure that GIF is connected across all aspects of the agencies, and that GIF can maximize leverage with policy teams and in-country missions, and pursue additional partnerships with each agency.
· Manage multilateral relationships in the U.S., and with think tanks, to ensure that GIF shares lessons learned and influences the future direction of aid spending and effectiveness.
· Manage the GIF Communications Team and media agencies to deliver engaging, data-rich GIF content.
Apply via BeApplied
Deadline to apply: 30 August 2019