- Remuneration$65,000-70,000 plus benefits
- LocationWashington, D.C.
- DeadlineMarch 27, 2020
GIF is seeking an entry-level Investment Associate to join its dynamic private sector investment team, which finds and funds innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. The Associate will report to the Senior Managing Director for private sector investments or his/her designee.
- Minimum one-two years of experience in investment banking, private investment, development finance, strategic consulting or a related field, where the candidate has gained solid knowledge of the private investment process and the skills necessary to support the GIF private sector leadership team on fundraising, investments and portfolio management
- An advanced degree in finance, business administration or similarly relevant field may substitute for experience, if demonstrated work experience via internships or similar
- Top tier analytic, strategic thinking and project management skills, including financial modelling, writing and presentations
- Professional or educational experience working in the developing world - South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Latin America - is a very strong plus
- Demonstrated commitment to or interest in international development and social innovation
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven experience thriving in uncharted waters
- High energy and an entrepreneurial mindset; self-motivated and excited by high-growth environments
- Passion, humility, integrity, team player, proven self-direction and a spirited sense of humour
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s duties, among others, will primarily be to:
Support the Senior Managing Director (CIO) leading the private sector investment team.
Assist deal teams in evaluating investments that align with GIF’s goal of scaling promising social innovations through the private sector.
Support GIF’s portfolio management group on reporting and analysis of the portfolio.
Contribute across the organisation to support the organisation’s needs, including resource mobilisation and reporting.