- Remuneration£50-60k plus excellent benefits
- DeadlineMay 21, 2020
GIF is seeking an Investment Associate (Grants) to join its dynamic investment team, which finds and funds innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. This role sits within the public sector team, which uses grants to fund innovations developed by for-profit and non-profit entities which scale through public sector or multilateral pathway.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in international development or public policy within a developing country.
- Professional experience working in a developing country context.
- Education in development economics or related subject.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of grant making or investment processes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven experience thriving in uncharted waters.
- Ability to interact effectively and harmoniously with others.
- Self-motivated, with a commitment and passion to learn and develop.
- Passion, humility, integrity, a team player, proven self-direction and a spirited sense of humour.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Screening applications submitted through GIF’s open application platform.
- Supporting the investment team in sourcing applications through different channels and building a pipeline of prospective investments which meet GIF criteria.
- Supporting deal leads in the evaluation of applications under active due diligence. This includes managing correspondence with applicants, attending and documenting meetings with external participants, research support and assisting in the preparation of various investment process documents.
- Supporting deal leads in all activities related to the management of deals in the portfolio. This includes negotiating grant agreements, monitoring progress towards objectives and KPIs, risk identification and mitigation, responding to reporting, maintaining portfolio records and identifying opportunities for GIF to add value to investees through portfolio support activities.
- Identifying opportunities for making improvements to GIF systems and processes and proactively developing collaborative solutions.
- Contributing to wider organisational initiatives, including inputting to communications outputs.