- Remuneration£45-50,000 plus excellent benefits
- LocationLondon, Nairobi, Washington DC
- Education LevelAdvanced degree in finance, business administration or similarly relevant field preferred (additional relevant professional experience may substitute for an advanced degree)
- DeadlineDecember 2, 2021
GIF is seeking an Analyst (Funds Strategy and Fundraising) to join its dynamic private sector investment team, which finds and funds innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. The Analyst will primarily 1) support project managing, planning, fundraising and operationalizing new strategic funds initiatives; 2) support the preparation of fundraising materials and investor due diligence; and, 3) Internal and external stakeholder management with portfolio, legal, communications and finance teams for delivery of new GIF fund initiatives. The Analyst will report to the Managing Director. This position will be for a fixed term of 12 months with the possibility of turning into a permanent position.
The role is offered initially on a fixed term contract basis of 12 months with the possibility to extend. This role can be based at any of our offices: London, Washington DC, Nairobi. Any job offer made will be subject to the successful candidate having the authorization to work in the chosen location prior to commencing work at GIF.
The target start day is ASAP.
- • A minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, private investment, development finance, strategic consulting or a related field, where the candidate has gained solid knowledge of the private investment process and the skills necessary to support investments and portfolio management.
- • Top tier analytic, strategic thinking and project management skills, including financial modeling, writing and presentations.
- • Professional experience working in the developing world (South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Latin America) is a very strong plus.
- • Demonstrated commitment to or interest in international development and social innovation.
- • Commitment to evidence-based decision-making and social impact evaluation.
- • Advanced degree in finance, business administration or similarly relevant field preferred; additional relevant professional experience may substitute for an advanced degree.
- • Comfort with ambiguity and proven experience thriving in uncharted waters.
- • High energy and an entrepreneurial mindset; self-motivated and excited by high-growth environments.
- • Passion, humility, integrity, team player, proven self-direction and a spirited sense of humour.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Analyst’s initial responsibilities will include:
Project management and Operations
• Helping organize GIF strategic funds working group meetings, recording minutes, action items
• Owning the project workplan to ensure teams are coordinated and timelines being adhered to
• Maintaining the filing and versioning of fund strategy box folder and files including the diligence data rooms and the CRM systems
• Helping prepare marketing materials for prospective investors
• Coordinating internally with GIF teams to respond to data queries
• Ensuring meeting follow-ups and minutes for all investor meetings
• Coordinating with investment team, legal team and external consultants on investor DD
Investment and portfolio analysis
• Coordinating with the deal teams and finance to support portfolio analysis and evaluation
• Run portfolio and pipeline analysis and service data requests as needed
• Help prepare internal memos and reports, as well as board update materials for GIF strategic funds
Subsequently, and upon becoming permanent the responsibilities for the analyst will expand to include:
Operational support and stakeholder management
• Maintaining the pipeline and portfolio data and reporting in Salesforce or similar platform
• Helping prepare periodic investor updates and reports, monitoring adherence to investor terms and covenants
• Closely work with the GIF finance team to ensure smooth financial management of GIF funds, monthly reconciliation of revenues and costs and adherence to the financial plan
• Help prepare materials for GIF funds track record and support ongoing fundraising efforts
• Help conduct annual portfolio valuation and impact analysis